Internet marketing is huge and it’s getting bigger. If you’re looking for internet marketing resources then you may be confused about where to start since you’ll come across a lot of jargons and terms. So here are over 101 resources that you will ever need as an internet marketer. It’s your starting point so I’m sure that you can take it forward from here.
101+ Internet Marketing Resources, Tips, Guides & Tools
I’ve organized the resources into the following categories: Content Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Web Analytics, Landing Pages, Conversion Optimization, Internet Marketing Blogs & Forums, and Internet Marketing Tools.
Internet Marketing Guides
If you’re new to internet marketing and are looking for a complete guide then the following resources will help you. They cover almost all aspects of internet marketing in a systematic and easy to consume way.
Content marketing is all about creating high quality content to naturally attract targeted traffic to your website. If you need more clarity then I think Copyblogger has got a perfect definition:
Content Marketing means creating and sharing valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into customers, and customers into repeat buyers. The type of content you share is closely related to what you sell; in other words, you’re educating people so that they know, like, and trust you enough to do business with you.
Today, content marketing is one of the primary marketing strategies of startup companies to attract targeted audience. The best example is, Buffer Blog. And here’s a sample blog post 30 Things You Buy That Are More Expensive Than Todoist Premium by Todoist Blog that instantly convinced me to buy their premium plan. Yes, Todoist is my favorite task manager app.
Search Marketing is the process of improving the visibility of your website in search engines. It includes: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing the website in order to get more organic traffic from search engines. While Search Engine Marketing is all about buying targeted traffic via pay-per-click search ads.
Social Media Marketing
Image Credit: Flickr
Social media is more important than ever. If your brand is not on social media then it’s like you don’t exist. Hence it’s very important to have a social media marketing strategy. Here I’ve featured some in-depth guides to social media marketing and some of the best social media tools to manage your social presence.
If you’re a social media fanatic then you already know that Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn are the top 5 social networks out there for marketers. So here you’ll find everything you need to know about: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn marketing.
Email marketing is not dead! It may not be as effective as search marketing in the short term but it’s more powerful than social media or any other online marketing channel in the long term.
Web Analytics is the process of analyzing the visitors to a website. If you’re a marketer then your web analytics will answer questions like: where your visitors are coming from, what they’re doing on your website, why are they leaving your website, are they coming back to your website, and many more. Here you’ll find some of the best web analytics resources.
A Landing Page is a web page, specifically designed for just one purpose at a time. It can be used for lead generation, could be a simple Call To Action that instructs the user to subscribe to a newsletter or to download an ebook, or to do something similar. It can involve images, videos, audio or just a few paragraphs.
Think of a golf course… a landing page is the putting green that you drive the ball (prospect) to. Once on the green, the goal is to get the ball into the hole. Likewise, the goal of the copy and design of a landing page is to get the prospect to take your desired action.
I’m featuring here some of the best landing page resources that I’ve collected over the past few months.
- What Is A Landing Page? | Unbounce
- The Anatomy Of A High Converting Landing Page [Infographic] | Quick Sprout
- The Definitive Guide To Landing Page Optimization| Quick Sprout
- More Landing Page Tips, Examples And Resources | Search Engine Journal
- The Most Entertaining Guide To Landing Page Optimization | Moz
- How To Create A Page That Converts At 21.7% [Case Study] | Backlinko
- 22 Brutally Honest Landing Page Critiques | Unbounce
- 7 Ways We Increased Our Blog’s Conversion Rate By 260% [Tips] | Startup Moon
Conversion Optimization is the process of optimizing the landing pages or the whole website itself so as to increase the conversion rate (or sales).
Conversion optimization is part art (listening to your gut) and part science (listening to the numbers) – it’s about making informed decisions and scientifically A/B testing your hypothesis to make your landing pages perform better.
It’s very important because when we make changes to a design we’ve to make sure that it doesn’t impact the sales or user experience in a negative way.
- A/B Testing: A Comprehensive Guide To Getting Started | GainBits
- 19 Obvious A/B Tests You Should Run On Your Website | KISSmetrics
Random Internet Marketing Articles
Here I’m featuring some random internet marketing content that I find very interesting. I focused on topics related to – Remarketing, Growth Hacking, Branding, and Small Business.
Internet Marketing Blogs
Internet Marketing is growing rapidly and if you’re an internet marketer then it’s very important to stay up-to-date with the marketing industry. The following internet marketing blogs will help you to keep yourself informed about the internet marketing news and strategies. Learn from the experts!
- Copyblogger – for copywriting tips and advices.
- Copy Hackers – for actionable marketing posts.
- Avinash Kaushik – a digital marketing and analytics blog.
- Seth Godin – a marketing journal by the author of fifteen bestsellers.
- Quick Sprout – for awesome online marketing content.
- KISSmetrics – for analytics, marketing, and testing.
- Crazy Egg – for conversion optimization, design, and copywriting tips.
- ConversionXL – for actionable conversion advice.
- Buffer – for all things social media.
- Jim’s Marketing Blog – for marketing ideas to help you grow your business.
- Unbounce – for landing page and conversion optimization.
- AWeber – for email marketing tips and strategies.
- Moz – for the awesomest search marketing content.
- Search Engine Journal – for search marketing news.
- Econsultancy – for digital marketing insights and analysis.
- Groove – a journey to $100,000/month.
- Search Engine Watch – for search marketing news, tips, and strategies.
- Sprout Social – for social media news, tips, and analysis.
- Business 2 Community – for small business news, trends, and analysis.
Internet Marketing Forums
If you’ve any marketing questions or would like to find like-minded people on the internet then an online forum is a good place to start. You can join any of these internet marketing forums – to discuss all things marketing.
Internet Marketing Tools
We all need tools to get things done, right? So here’s a mashup of some of the best tools available for internet marketers (most of them are free!). They will assist you in your marketing efforts and help you to manage your marketing campaigns more effectively.
- 101 Social Media Tools
- 101 Content Marketing Tools
- 101 Productivity Tools
- 101 SEO Tools
- 101 Productivity Tools
Apart from the above categories there are a dozen of other internet marketing concepts like: affiliate marketing, display advertising, referral marketing, etc. but I haven’t included them as going forward you’ll come across those concepts naturally.
Have I missed your favorite internet marketing resource? If so, let me know as a comment below and I’ll be glad to list here.
Happy Marketing! :)
First Published: May 2014; Last Updated: Monday, December 8, 2014