If you’re an internet marketer, or a blogger, I’m pretty sure that you can’t live without “Tools”. When I recently published 101 Content Marketing Tools and 101 Social Media Tools I didn’t include Marketing Tools with them as I wanted to publish ‘SEO Tools and Marketing Tools’ as another blog post.
However, a new realization dawned upon me that I’ve collected more than enough marketing tools that would fit into a single post. Yeah, this post is exclusively dedicated to “Marketing Tools” alone, and “SEO Tools” will follow later this week.
Here’s a comprehensive list of some of the best internet marketing tools to streamline your online marketing campaigns, and make it a lot more effective. It’s all perfectly categorized and sub-categorized. So, you don’t have to.
Quick View — Click To Scroll
- Premium Internet Marketing Software
- Online Advertising
- Competitive Intelligence
- Web Analytics
- Mobile Analytics
- Conversion Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Public Relations (PR)
- User Experience (UX)
- Market Research & Survey
Premium Internet Marketing Software
Let’s start with some of the best online marketing platforms. They’re not considered as just “tools” but as platforms that perform a variety of functions like Marketing, SEO, Social Media, Analytics, etc.
- Moz Pro — is an all-in-one set of SEO, social media, and analytics tools that help increase your search engine visibility and keep you ahead of your competitors. Pricing starts at $99/month with a 30-day free trial.
- Raven Tools — features 30+ online marketing tools for efficient management & comprehensive reporting. Pricing starts at $99/month with a 30-day free trial.
- HubSpot — contains everything you need to do internet marketing — from blogging, to email and social. Pricing starts at $200/month with a 30-day free trial.
- GinzaMetrics — is an enterprise content intelligence and search analytics tool to improve brand findability. Pricing starts at $1,000/month.
- AuthorityLabs (Premium) — lets you track website rankings in Google, Yahoo, and Bing daily. Pricing starts at $49/month with a 30-day free trial — no credit card required.
- CognitiveSEO (Premium) — is a premium SEO toolkit to benchmark and outrank your competition. Pricing starts at $99/month with a 14-day free trial. Also try, LinkResearchTools, Advanced Web Ranking.
- Web CEO (Freemium) — is a cloud-based solution for website owners, digital marketing agencies and in-house SEO teams which provides white-label SEO tools for team collaboration and branded SEO reporting for clients. Pricing starts at $69/month for the premium version.
- SEO PowerSuite (Premium) — is a desktop SEO suite for rank tracking, website auditing, competitor analysis, and link management. Costs a one-time $299.
- Searchmetrics Suite (Premium) — allows you to monitor keywords, analyze rankings, evaluate links and compare the SEO visibility of domains. You need to request a demo for pricing as there are no predefined pricing plans available. Also try, LinkRisk.
Note: I haven’t included some of the popular SEO Tools (like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, etc.) in this blog post as I have already compiled another blog post that lists all of them.
- Colibri (Premium) — offers a set of tools that uses the power of social media, social signals and SEO to maximize your brand visibility. Pricing starts at $95/month with a 14-day free trial.
- Marketo (Premium) — provides easy and powerful marketing automation software with everything a marketer needs: email, social, analytics, lead management, etc. Pricing starts at $895/month. Also try, Pardot, Eloqua, MixRank.
- LeadSquared (Premium) — is a marketing automation and lead management software for B2C businesses. Pricing starts at $125/month with a 15-day free trial.
- Infusionsoft (Premium) — offers a complete sales and marketing automation software for small businesses combining CRM, email marketing, lead capture and e-commerce. Pricing starts at $199/month. Also try, Influitive.
- Stride (Free) — is a customizable sales CRM for easy management and faster deal-closing. It makes management easier by having all deals in one place so that you can quickly skim and see the status of every opportunity.
- Nimble (Premium) — is a social CRM software that automatically pulls contact profiles, email conversations and social signals into one simple place so you can effectively engage them everywhere you work. Pricing starts at $15 per month per user with a 14-day free trial. Also try, ExactTarget, Salesforce, Gainsight, Totango.
It’s all about targeted traffic. Kick-start your online advertising campaign today!
Search Engine Marketing
When you advertise on the following search engines you’re already reaching 95% of the global internet audience.
- Google AdWords — to advertise on Google and their partner networks.
- Bing Ads — to advertise on Bing, Yahoo, and their partner networks.
- Yandex Ads — to advertise on the largest search engine in Russia with about 60% market share.
- Baidu Ads — to advertise on the largest search engine in China with about 70% market share.
Social Media Marketing
It comes at a cost but is still the quickest way to increase the visibility of your social media campaigns and gain traffic in no time. Since each of the following social networks follows a different business model, you get a lot of marketing channels to reach your targeted audience.
- Facebook Ads
- Twitter Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- Reddit Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Google+ Ads
- Tumblr Ads
- Instagram Ads
- Foursquare Ads
- YouTube Ads
Display & Contextual Advertising
Sometimes search and social media campaigns are not just enough — though they’re enough to reach almost everyone who’s “connected”.
- BuySellAds — get access to thousands of independent publishers at once, who are generating over 6 billion ad impressions a month with guaranteed media buying and transparent pricing.
- Yahoo Gemini — to advertise on Yahoo.
- AOL Advertising — is the best way to advertise on AOL internet properties.
- Google Display Network — lets you place ads on a variety of news sites, blogs and other niche sites across the internet.
- Google Product Listing Ads — drive traffic and sales to your website or local store by showing online shoppers rich images and details of items you sell.
- eBay Ads — to tap eBay audience directly.
- Amazon Product Ads — is an advertising program that allows sellers to promote their products on Amazon.
- Yelp Ads — to advertise on Yelp — the largest local business review website in the United States.
- Groupon Ads — grow your business with Groupon.
Retargeted ads are everywhere on the web and you don’t want to miss it, as only less than 5% of the first time visitors convert to customers.
- DoubleClick — is a digital ad management platform.
- LaunchBit — to reach professional audiences such as programmers, entrepreneurs, and small Business owners with exclusive ad inventory including targeted email newsletters and niche blogs.
- Rocket Fuel — delivers programmatic media-buying platform that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI in digital media across web, mobile, video, and social channels.
Premium Ad Management Platforms
You can use the following platforms to manage your online advertising campaigns.
- Marin Software — offers bid management and ppc optimization tools to help you generate more conversions and save time.
- Acquisio — enables digital marketers to optimize their search campaigns and report on social, mobile and display initiatives.
- AdStage — is an all-in-one online advertising platform to manage ads across Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- WordStream — helps you optimize your search engine marketing campaigns on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Cake — provides solutions that track, attribute and optimize the performance of digital marketing spend in real-time.
- AdButler — is an ad serving platform.
It’s a good idea to keep an eye on your competitors. Don’t you think?
- AdGooroo (Premium) — identifies competitors’ keywords, informs campaign strategy, improves ad copy and click-through rates, and tracks any company’s online advertising presence.
- Adbeat (Premium) — uncovers any advertiser’s online strategy. Pricing starts at $249/month.
- SocialAdNinja (Premium) — lets you duplicate profitable ppc campaigns. Costs $147/month.
- WhatRunsWhere (Premium) — allows you to effectively plan and buy advertising more efficiently by tracking your competition’s marketing strategies. Pricing starts at $150/month.
- The Search Monitor (Premium) — provides real-time competitive ad intelligence tools to monitor brand & trademark use, affiliate compliance, and competitive advertisers. Pricing starts at $249/month.
- SpyFu (Premium) — lets you download your competitors’ profitable keywords. Costs $79/month. Also try, KeywordCompetitor.
- Rivalfox (Premium) — offers real-time information about your competitors actions. Pricing starts at $49/month with a 14-day free trial.
- TrackMaven (Premium) — helps companies identify marketing opportunities, optimize content distribution, and report on real-time progress.
Knowing the audience is crucial to any business because otherwise the campaigns are worthless.
- Google Analytics (Free) — is the most popular web analytics tool that lets you measure your website traffic and advertising ROI. Also try, Google Analytics Experiments, Google Page Analytics, Google Analytics URL Builder, Google Analytics URL Builder.
- KISSmetrics (Premium) — gives you the insights you need to optimize your marketing. Pricing starts at $179/month with a 14-day free trial.
- Chartbeat (Premium) — shows real-time data about your website performance. Pricing starts at $9.95/month with a 30-day free trial.
- Parse.ly (Premium) — provides digital publishers with clear audience insights to answer questions about how readers are responding to content.
- YouTube Analytics (Free) — lets you monitor the performance of your YouTube channel and videos with up-to-date metrics and reports.
- Woopra (Premium) — is a real-time web analytics and targeted customer engagement service. Pricing starts at $79.95/month with a 30-day free trial.
- Geckoboard (Premium) — lets you create shareable data dashboards. Pricing starts at $17/month with a 30-day free trial.
If your business is mobile centric, you can consider the following mobile analytics platforms.
- Mixpanel (Freemium) — is an analytics platform for mobile & web. Pricing starts at $150/month for the premium version.
- Heap (Freemium) — an instant and retroactive analytics for web and iOS. Pricing starts at $59/month for the premium version.
- Swrve (Freemium) — is an integrated marketing, A/B testing and optimization platform for mobile apps. Pricing starts at $2,500/month for the premium version with a 30-day free trial.
- Appsee (Premium) — is a mobile app analytics platform that offers a powerful analytics solution, enabling you to optimize the user experience in your app.
- Keynote (Premium) — is a cloud–based quality testing, performance monitoring and analytics for mobile apps and websites.
Ultimately sales are what we need. Conversion is what we need. The following tools lets you optimize your conversion rate by running A/B tests and by offering click analytics so that you’ll know what your audience are doing on your website.
- Crazy Egg (Premium) — boost your conversion rates by understanding how your visitors engage with your website. Pricing starts at $9/month with a 30-day free trial.
- Optimizely (Freemium) — deliver your best customer experiences at every touchpoint on the web and mobile apps.
- Visual Website Optimizer (Freemium) — is an A/B testing software to improve the conversion rate and sales from your website. Pricing starts at $9/month with a 30-day free trial.
- Cromonitor (Free) — allows you to identify, detect and record your competitor’s A/B & multivariate tests.
Want to create landing pages? Try the following tools to create high converting landing pages with built-in A/B testing.
- Unbounce (Premium) — lets you build high-converting responsive landing pages in minutes with built-in A/B testing and a suite of best-practice landing page templates. Pricing starts at $49/month with a 30-day free trial.
- LeadPages (Premium) — is a landing page generator to build conversion optimized & mobile responsive landing pages. Pricing starts at $25/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- OptimizePress (Premium) — lets you create landing pages, sales pages and membership portals inside WordPress. Pricing starts at $97 (one-time fee) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Instapage (Freemium) — build high-quality landing pages by choosing from over 70 templates. Pricing starts at $29/month for the premium version with a 30-day free trial.
- PageWiz (Premium) — to create, optimize, and publish your landing pages without any coding skills. Pricing starts at $29/month with a 30-day free trial.
Do you want to sell some stuff online? Look no further!
- Shopify (Premium) — is a powerful ecommerce website solution that allows you to sell online by providing everything you need to create an online store. Pricing starts at $29/month with a 14-day free trial.
- ClickBank — is an online marketplace that lets you create, manage & sell digital products (e-books, how-to videos, audiobooks, etc.).
- PayPal — is the easiest to receive money or set up a merchant account.
- E-junkie — provides shopping cart and buy now buttons to let you sell downloads and tangible goods on your website or social media.
- Gumroad — enables creators to sell directly to their audience
- Selz — makes selling physical products, digital downloads and services simple.
- Pricing Assistant (Premium) — is a price monitoring tool for e-merchants and brands that helps to maximize profits by monitoring competition.
- WooCommerce (Free) — is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress.
Email Marketing Tools
Your internet marketing campaign is incomplete without email marketing. Here’s a list of some of the best email marketing software and few add-ons. And don’t miss my Email Marketing Handbook if you’re looking for even more resources.
- MailChimp (Freemium) — Send 12,000 emails per month to 2,000 subscribers for free. Additionally, you can also purchase email credits that never expire.
- Mad Mimi (Freemium) — Send 12,500 emails per month to 2,500 subscribers for free. Pricing starts at $10/month for the premium version.
- AWeber (Premium) — Pricing starts at $19 per month for 500 subscribers.
- VerticalResponse (Freemium) — Send 4,000 emails per month to 1,000 subscribers for free. Pricing starts at $8.80/month for the premium version.
- Sendy (One Time Fee) — Send self-hosted email newsletters via Amazon SES ($1 per 10,000 emails).
- MailMachinePro (One Time Fee) — is a self-hosted email marketing software. Costs $59 for 1 license.
- ToutApp (Premium) — helps salespeople increase productivity with the power of tracking, templates and analytics. Pricing starts at $30 per month with a 14-day free trial.
- MailCharts (Premium) — to track and understand how your competitors use email marketing. Pricing starts at $30/month with a 30-day free trial.
- Email On Acid (Premium) — is an advanced email testing and analytics tool. Pricing starts at $45/month with a 7-day free trial.
- Litmus (Premium) — lets you test and track your emails. Pricing starts at $79/month with a 7-day free trial.
- Vero (Premium) — to send emails based on what your customers do. Pricing starts at $99/month.
- Campaign Monitor (Premium) — to create, send, and optimize your email marketing campaigns. Pricing starts at $9/month.
- Goodbits (Free) — to create instant email newsletters in minutes.
- SendGrid (Premium) — is an email deliverability service to send transactional emails triggered by web apps. Pricing starts at $9.95/month.
Public Relations (PR)
Spread the word, find influencers, and promote your business by “connecting”.
- HARO (Free) — connects news sources with journalists looking for their expertise.
- GroupHigh (Premium) — helps you identify influential blogs, automate research, and measure engagement to make outreach marketing more successful.
- BuzzStream (Premium) — helps marketers promote their products, services and content to build links, buzz, and brands. Pricing starts at $29/month.
- Little Bird (Premium) — to find relevant, credible influencers and content.
- Vocus (Premium) — offers PR software that enables professionals to plan, execute & measure influencer-oriented campaigns.
- PRWeb (Premium) — is a press release distribution service. Pricing starts at $99 per news release. Also try, PR Newswire, iNewswire.
User Experience (UX) Tools
Use the following tools to enhance the user experience of your website.
- InVision (Freemium) — transform your web & mobile (iOS, Android) designs into clickable, interactive prototypes and mockups. Pricing starts at $15/month for the premium version.
- Optimal Workshop (Premium) — discover and test mental models for your information architecture using the world’s most advanced UX toolset. Pricing starts at $109/month. Also try, ClickTale.
- UserTesting (Premium) — get videos of real people speaking their thoughts as they use your website or mobile app. Costs $49 per video review. Also try, SessionCam.
- FeedbackArmy (Premium) — is a website usability testing service built on Amazon Mechanical Turk. Submit questions about your site and receive 10 responses from their reviewers for $40.
- UsabilityHub (Premium) — learn how visitors will interact with your design before launching. Pricing starts at $20/month. Also try, UserZoom, uTest, AttentionWizard.
- BrowserStack (Premium) — test your website for cross browser compatibility on real browsers. Pricing starts at $39/month.
- Loop11 (Premium) — is a remote usability testing tool, enabling you to test the user-experience of any website. Pricing starts at $158/month.
- Applause (Premium) — equips you with the app quality tools and services you need to launch web, mobile & wearable apps that win. Also try Userlytics, Amazon A/B Testing.
Market Research & Survey Tools
If you want to collect data from your audience for some research purpose then you can consider the following tools.
- Google Consumer Surveys — for market research at a fraction of the cost. Also try, Google Consumer Barometer (understand how people use the internet across the world.).
- SurveyMonkey — create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time.
- Polldaddy — create surveys, polls, and quizzes in minutes and collect responses via your website, e-mail, iPad, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Qualaroo — uncovers customer insights that lead to better business results.
- Typeform — is a free online survey tool that makes asking questions easy, human & beautiful. Also try, SurveyCrest.
- Facebook Polls — to create polls on Facebook.
- Olark — is a live chat software that helps you solve your customer’s problem before they click away from your website.
Here are some random tools because I seriously don’t know where to fit the following tools on this blog post. :D
- Rapportive (Free) — shows you everything about your contacts right inside your Gmail inbox. Also try, Sidekick.
- Boomerang (Free) — adds scheduled sending and integrated email reminders to Gmail.
- Intercom (Premium) — shows you who is using your product and makes it easy to personally communicate with them through targeted, behavior-driven email and in-app messages. Pricing starts at $49/month with a 14-day free trial.
- Yesware (Freemium) — lets you tack emails and presentations, create templates, log calls to CRM, and more, right from your inbox. Pricing starts at $10 per month per user for the premium version.
- CallRail (Premium) — offers call tracking, recording, and analytics. Pricing starts at $30/month with a 14-day free trial.
- Zapier (Freemium) — lets you connect your web apps and automate your work. Pricing starts at $20/month for the premium version. Also try, IFTTT (Free).
- Elance — a freelance marketplace that gives access to over 2 million skilled freelancers from around the world. Also try, oDesk, Freelancer.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk — is an online marketplace for micro-jobs. Also try, Fiverr.
- Kimono Labs (Freemium) — turn websites into structured APIs from your browser in seconds.
- Google Tag Manager (Free) — makes it easy for marketers to add and update website tags — including analytics, remarketing, etc. Also try, Tag Assistant.
- Supermetrics (Freemium) — get all your business metrics into one place.
- Slickplan (Premium) — is an intuitive website planning tool for building picture-perfect sitemaps. Pricing starts at $6.99/month with a 30-day free trial.
- MockFlow (Freemium) — is an online wireframe tool for software and websites. Pricing starts at $14/month for the premium version. Also try, Balsamiq.
- SumoMe (Free) — offers a ton of free tools to grow your website traffic.
- Wistia (Freemium) — is a video hosting platform with viewer analytics, HD video delivery, and marketing tools to help understand your visitors. Pricing starts at $25/month for the premium version.
I didn’t include any web browser extensions in this list as I’ve already featured them individually on the following blog posts:
If you ever have published a list of tools, then you might know that it’s really a challenging task to curate internet tools as there are hundreds of thousands of them. Luckily, you will never need all the tools that I have listed here.
If you check My Favorite Internet Tools then you can see that I’m using only a limited number of tools. But just in case if your favorite marketing tool is missing here (there’s every chance) then let me know as a comment below and I will be happy to feature it.
Happy Marketing! :)