As you probably know Google Panda was an algorithm update by Google to filter low quality sites from the search results. A couple of weeks back I have shared an Infographic titled Google Panda In Plain English by SingleGrain.com which explained the Google Update Algorithm Update in simple English with a pretty nice Panda timeline (until January 10, 2012). It also tells what makes our website vulnerable to Google Penalty by pointing out few factors that may raise a red flag. It also suggests few tips and tactics for link building post panda.
Now, here is yet another Google Panda Update Infographic which offers Top 10 Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips for the post-panda era with an updated Google Panda Timeline (until April 27th, 2012).
In A Nutshell: Top 10 Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips Post-Panda Era
- Create Original Content (something which can’t be found elsewhere)
- Remove Low Quality Pages from your blog/website including duplicate posts, thin content etc.
- Avoid Duplicate Content including duplicate meta titles and descriptions
- Become an Authority in your niche
- Be Social. Make sure that you share all your articles on Social Media platforms like Digg, Delicious, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Reddit etc.
- Decrease Bounce Rate. It’s something which I’m considering for this blog as it’s bounce rate is pretty high. And I think I know it’s reason. I link to so many external sites while writing an article so as to increase the user experience.
- Improve User Experience. One quick way to improve the user experience is by adding more content above the fold so that it increases the user experience as well as your ranking on SERPs.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing. Make sure that you write for your readers and not for search engines so that you don’t have to worry about the over usage of keywords.
- Diversify Anchor Texts.
- Focus on Quality of Backlinks than it’s Quantity. A single backlink from an authority blog is equivalent to 100 low quality links.
Google Panda Algorithm Update Up Close
[Infographic by: SEO.COM]