First Published: September 26, 2016; Last Updated: Friday, October 7, 2016.
Amazon is the largest retailer on the web. I’m not an Amazon fanatic but I like to shop online (or on Amazon). And I believe Amazon will become a lot more bigger than what it is today.
For me Amazon was all about online shopping and shopping only until a few years go, and then I came to know about its dominance in the cloud computing space.
That’s how I became curious and made a plan to list all its products and services and app (or this very blog post).
So today, I’m listing all the products and services and apps by Amazon. And I will be updating this article as they launch more products and services.
A List Of All Amazon Products & Services
Over 300 million active users. Over 500 million products. Over $100 billion in annual revenues. Over $300 billion market capitalization. That’s the stats of Amazon.
- Amazon (Amazon.com) — The largest Internet-based retailer in the world by total sales and market capitalization.
- Amazon Advertising — Connect your brand to Amazon customers wherever they share, read, listen, purchase, research and download online, across devices.
- Amazon Alexa — Amazon’s voice control system.
- Amazon Business — Everything you love about Amazon. For work.
- Amazon Dash — Amazon Dash is a consumer goods ordering service which uses a proprietary device for ordering goods over the Internet.
- Amazon Drive — Get unlimited online storage to backup, protect and share photos, videos and files from any device.
- Amazon Echo — Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
- Amazon Fire OS — An Android-based operating system by Amazon for its Fire Phone and Kindle Fire range of devices.
- Amazon Fire Phone* — A 3D-enabled smartphone designed and developed by Amazon.
- Amazon Fire Tablet — A tablet designed and developed by Amazon.
- Amazon Fire TV — Amazon Fire TV is a tiny box you connect to your HDTV. It’s the easiest way to enjoy over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and HBO NOW, plus games, music, and more.
- Amazon Kindle — Amazon Kindle is a series of e-readers by Amazon.com that enable users to browse, buy, download and read e-books, newspapers, magazines and other digital media via wireless networking to the Kindle Store.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk — An on-demand scalable workforce.
- Amazon Prime — Enjoy fast free shipping, exclusive access to movies and TV shows, ad-free music, unlimited photo storage, and Kindle books.
- Amazon Prime Air — Amazon Prime Air is a future service that will deliver packages up to five pounds in 30 minutes or less using small drones.
- Amazon Prime Now — Prime Now offers household items and essentials you need every day plus the best of Amazon, with FREE 2-hour delivery.
- Amazon Storywriter — A cloud-based screenwriting app.
- Amazon Tap — A portable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled speaker that gives you rich, full-range sound.
- Amazon Video Direct — Helping content creators and visual storytellers reach millions of Amazon customers across hundreds of devices with the same distribution options and delivery quality available to major motion picture and television studios.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) — Amazon Web Services offers a suite of cloud-computing services that make up an on-demand computing platform.
- Amazon WorkDocs — Amazon WorkDocs is a fully managed, secure enterprise storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities that improve user productivity.
- Amazon WorkSpaces — Amazon WorkSpaces is a fully managed, secure desktop computing service which runs on the AWS cloud.
- Alexa (Alexa.com) — An Amazon company that provides commercial web traffic data and analytics.
- Junglee — Junglee.com is an online marketplace by Amazon designed uniquely for India.
There’s a good chance that your favorite mobile app (and maybe website too) is powered by Amazon. You know how? Amazon Cloud. Amazon’s profits comes from its cloud services and not from its e-commerce business.
And do you know what I like the most from the above products and services by Amazon? It’s NOT Kindle or Fire or Alexa or Echo.
It’s Amazon Prime!
Amazon Prime is a membership program that gives customers access to streaming video, music, e-books, free shipping and a variety of other Amazon-specific services and deals.
And they can still add a lot more things to Amazon Prime and charge us a monthly/annual fee which means lifetime guaranteed revenue for them.
What do you think?
Happy Amazoning! :)